LOCAL 853
Group 3 handles cooking fire in Bishop Markham Highrise
Posted On: May 04, 2015
On Sunday May 3rd 2015 the Members from Group 3 responded to a report of a stove fire at the Bishop Markham Housing Complex. The units that responded were Engine 1, 2, 4, Ladder 2, Rescue Co #1 and Car 3. When units arrived the water gong was sounding and memebers made entry into the building and had water flowing down the interior stair from the second floor. Members from Engine 1 made entry into the apartment and found a fire on the cooktop that had been extinguished by the activated sprinklerhead.  The occupant of the apartment was removed just prior to members arrival by Officer Mindy Dower of the Lowell Police Department.

Firefighters checked to make sure that the fire did not extend into the walls, and helped get the resident out of the building.

The Lowell Housing Authority operates the buildings, so a maintenance crew was called in to cleanup water damage. 

Gorham Street was closed in the area for about 30 minutes while crews responded to the blaze.


-
Contact Info
IAFF Local 853
P.O. Box
Lowell, MA 01853
 

Top of Page image
Powered By UnionActive - Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.